You will know you have a Kaba Lock if your safe has this keypad:
- Enter the existing six (6) digit code (for new safes, preset code is 1,2,3,4,5,6), turn handle counter-clockwise and pull door open. With the door pulled open, put the safe in the locked position by turning the handle clockwise. You should be able to see the protruding bolts on the safe door.
If there is one (1) long beep after entering the code, the lock did not recognize the code, slow down.
- Press “#” the “1” hear a double beep.
- Enter existing six (6) digit code (for new safes, preset code is 1,2,3,4,5,6). You will hear a double beep.
- Select and enter a new six (6) digit code. You will hear a double beep.
- Re-Enter new six (6) digit code. You will hear a double beep.
If you hear 3 beeps, the old code is still valid.
- With the safe door open, test the new combination.
If you have any issues call us at +1 (847) 665-1635
Congratulations! You have changed your safe combination. Now don’t forget it because you will need it if you want to change the combination again!